On April 29, 2020, our President Jennifer Carter joined author and coach Bill Bartlett on OutMatch‘s The Future of Work Webinar Series. They had a great discussion about how to Lead Through Anxiety and Uncertainty.
Check out Two “Must Dos” from the Session.
Click here to watch the full Webinar.
- Before anything else – even if the answer is “I don’t know” – as a business leader you must address employees’ essential needs (“Is my health at risk? Am I going to keep my job?”). Until you do, nothing else will be heard. (16:00)
- The phrase “I’m curious” is powerful because curiosity unites both sides of the brain, allowing you to push anxiety aside and think logically and be creative in your solutions. (19:30)
- A plan is a pre-ordained track. It’s not the law. Think about the precepts of the plan and ask yourself, do they still old true? (22:30)
- Pushing yourself to re-imagine may require an act of “creative destruction.” (34:30)
- Don’t interpret “leveling out” as a sign of “we’ve made it and we’re done.” You’ll need reserves for the climb back up, so equip yourself and your staff for the “whole course.” (45:30)
- “Being fine” may not be a permanent state. Still check in with people who seem to be handling anxiety well. (57:00)
Check out other resources on business leadership and anxiety:
- Why Investing in Tomorrow’s Leaders is Crucial in a Crisis
- The Power of Standing Still
- Outmatch is making their Leading in a Crisis Assessment free to all.
- Outmatch’s 6 Skills You Need to be a Great Leader in a Crisis
Hiring in this virtual world? Outmatch is making its pre-hire assessments and video interviewing tools free for 60 days. Check them out!